GPI - GOV PL Info
GPI - GOV PL Info is a project initiated on April 1, 2021. The main goal of this project is to provide information being sent by the Polish Government in the form of mobile notifications. This has been easily achieved by using Telegram Channels. Since the source of information is provided in Polish, all notifications are being sent in Polish. However in addition they are automatically translated into English by the Google Translate service which should make life a bit easier for foreigners in Poland.
Target audience #
This solution is dedicated to everyone who cares about their health and wants to receive information such as the following:
- warnings about food products and everyday products recall from sale in Poland due to varying health and safety related reasons published by Main Sanitary Inspectorate in Poland ( MSI pl. GIS),
- messages about medicines recall from sale in Poland due to varying health and safety reasons published by Main Pharmaceutical Inspectorate in Poland ( MPI pl. GIF)
- Polish Government announcements and actions regarding the coronavirus / COVID-19.
This solution is dedicated to everyone who cares about their time and wants to conveniently receive:
- notifications directly to your smartphone, tablet or computer,
- notifications in English and Polish,
- easy-to-forward notifications,
- information directly from the source ( gov.pl),
- information without distracting advertisements,
- an instant search of the message you’re looking for, even among millions, e.g. gluten, Salmonella, Pfizer, Janssen, AstraZeneca, Anti-crisis shield, etc.
- Finally, this solution is dedicated to everyone who wants to give themselves a break from Facebook, Twitter, TV or the radio.
How it works #
Current implementation of the solution works as follows:
- Every day after midnight, content is being downloaded from gov.pl websites.
- If any articles were published on them on the previous day, you will receive a notification in the Telegram application on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
How to subscribe #
- If you don’t have Telegram yet, download it from here https://telegram.org/dl/.
Supported Operating Systems: Android, iOS, iPadOS, Windows, macOS, Linux.
- Register by following the on-screen instructions.
- Subscribe to the GPI Telegram Channels.
Your phone number is not visible to the rest of subscribers! By default, your number is only visible to people who you’ve added to your address book as contacts.
Read more here https://telegram.org/faq#q-who-can-see-my-phone-number
Main Sanitary Inspectorate #
MSI - Main Sanitary Inspectorate in Poland (pl. GIS - Główny Inspektorat Sanitarny w Polsce) provides information on its main website https://www.gov.pl/web/gis via threads:
Information from Warnings (pl. Ostrzeżenia) thread are being sent to the GPI GIS Telegram Channel:Subscribe Preview
Main Pharmaceutical Inspectorate #
MPI - Main Pharmaceutical Inspectorate in Poland (pl. GIF - Główny Inspektorat Farmaceutyczny w Polsce) provides decisions on RDG website https://rdg.ezdrowie.gov.pl and on its main website https://www.gov.pl/web/gif via threads:Subscribe Preview
Polish Government provides information about coronavirus on dedicated website https://www.gov.pl/web/koronawirus via threads:
Information from these threads are being sent to the GPI Coronavirus Telegram Channel:Subscribe Preview
GPI Health Check Channel #
This Telegram Channel provides information on the lack of articles for a given day. I encourage you to subscribe to this Channel and mute it because notifications will appear there every day in the absence of articles.Subscribe Preview
Check how to mute Telegram Channel here.
Technology stack #
Python has been used here to write the code to download the data from the selected gov.pl subpages, parse it, extract articles lately released, translate them using Google Translate service and finally prepare them to be sent to the created Telegram Channels.GPI source code
GitHub Actions #
GitHub Actions have been used to define workflows for selected gov.pl threads and dedicated Telegram Channels. Each workflow starts after midnight CET or CEST to get articles released on the previous day.GPI workflows
Here, Telegram is the main medium to provide notifications about articles extracted from selected gov.pl subpages. Thanks to an unlimited amount of subscribers, it should be possible to provide notifications to everyone living in Poland (38 137 795 - CSO (pl. GUS) in Poland 2020 - source). Telegram supports the following Operating Systems: Android, iOS, iPadOS, Windows, macOS, Linux.
Google Translate #
Google Translate is used to translate notifications from Polish to English. Notifications containing information in both languages are being sent to dedicated Telegram Channels.
Have you faced any problem with this solution? Have you noticed any errors?
Would you like me to create similar solution suited to your exact needs?
Let me know about it! Contact with me.